My featured gadget this week: the Casio G-SHOCK GW-A1000 watch. I have owned this aviation-themed watch for about a year, and from the moment I strapped it on it has been my go-to everyday timepiece. Even though this watch looks like a standard analog chronograph, it is bristling with high tech features.
- it is solar-powered, so no need to periodically wind it or change a battery
- it receives its time signal by radio from one of several beacons around the world, so no need to set it
- automatically adjusts for Daylight Savings Time
- functions include world time, stopwatch, timer, alarm, and temperature, all indicated by watch hands! You must see it function to believe it.
- most functions easily accessible via watch crown
- rugged G-SHOCK look and legendary toughness
All-in-all, a very cool watch. It’s not cheap, though — last I looked, Amazon was selling it for $400, and I paid more than that. Worth every penny, though, IMHO. I have a few of the expensive “designer” watches, but they do much less and cost much more. Call me a nerd (albeit a stylish one) — this Casio is my overall favorite watch.
Note that I receive no compensation of any kind for my Dave’s Faves reviews. I buy the products with my own money, and the opinions I express about them are my own. I do this because I derive joy from cool and innovative gadgets, and I want to share that joy with you.